Parenting- You Will Survive This!
If you are interested in having me as a Guest Speaker on a parenting topic at your next event, please go to my PUBLIC SPEAKING page for more details.
Want a "Quick Tip"?
Hear what Shannon has to say on previously recorded live interviews on News radio 740 KTRH in Houston and read articles in which she is quoted.
Parenting at its best is hard work. As a parent of two teenagers, I get it. I get "mom guilt". I used to jest that my goal was for my kids not to need therapy because of me. Truth be told, we have all been in therapy, and now I do it for a living!
I have been certified in Practical Parent Education since 2007 and founded Thornton Training Group (a parent education consulting business) in 2009. I also have extensive training and experience with executive function disorders and how they can wreak havoc on your home in your relationships with your children, the ill-effects on your marriage, and the strain among siblings.
If any of these resonate with you, call or email me. We will sit back and figure it out together.
- Have a toddler who won't sleep and thinks HIS bed is YOUR bed?
- Is your child having a hard time transitioning to middle or high school?
- Does your child think she runs the planet and "sassy juice" just doesn't cut it?
- Defiant, willful, strong-willed, spirited, independent child?
- Social or friendship issues?
- Homework hassles?
- Sibling rivalry?
- Is your child depressed?
- Is his ADD/ADHD wearing your family out?
- Is he "fine" at school, and melts down at home?
- Will she do "anything" to be friends with the "right" kids/self-esteem problems?
- Is your child being bullied?
- Did a teenager take over your sweet angel's body?
- Need help kicking your older teen out of the nest? Seen Failure to Launch?