Shannon Thornton is a sought-after public speaker with experience speaking to large audiences, schools, churches, parenting groups and corporate meetings. Offering a wide range of topics, Shannon can customize her presentations to meet the needs of your organization. She specializes in workshops on ADHD management, managing stress and anxiety, practical parenting, communicating within a family, understanding parenting and power, and navigating unexpected transitions. Click the learn more button to see Shannon’s full list of workshop titles and view her previous interview presentations and podcasts.
Who is the service for?
Any group, large or small, who needs a knowledgeable, engaging, and entertaining guest speaker for their organization
What will you learn?
Shannon will spend time talking with you about how she can meet the needs and objectives of your group based on time allotment, subject matter, and delivery requirements.
The Details: What is included?
Great communication before the event to ensure your needs are met, and a presentation you’ll be glad you arranged.
- Varies based on your needs
- You can provide your own venue, or Shannon can offer beautiful meeting spaces for a nominal fee at her place of business.
- There is no additional travel charge if your site is within a 10 mile radius of 8105 Rasor Blvd in Plano, TX.
- If the presentation is at your site, please provide a projection system, microphone, and technical assistance.
- Zoom and other virtual presentations are available.
$300 for a one-hour presentation, and $100 for each additional hour
Contact Shannon for workshop rates
Below are suggested titles for presentations and workshops. Shannon will design a program and tailor it to your specific needs. If you don’t see it on this list, or are interested in combining topics, just let her know.
WORKSHOP and PRESENTATION TITLE IDEAS FOR ADHD MANAGEMENT
- Inside a Mind with ADHD
- Understanding Emotional Needs and How to Relate
- The Dance with Defiance- Effective Discipline
- Partnering with Your Child’s School
- Preparing for and Going to College
- Your Adult Child Living at Home
- Time Management and Organizational Skills
WORKSHOP TITLES AND PRESENTATION OPTIONS FROM PRACTICAL PARENT EDUCATION
UNDERSTANDING YOUR ROLE AS A PARENT:
- Understanding the Family System As A Whole
- Recognizing Traits in a Healthy Family
- Identifying Your Role as the Primary Model for Your Child
- Developing and Maintaining Trusting Relationships within the Family
- Understanding Attachment and Bonding Between Parent and Child
- Rebuilding Trust that has been Broken
- Parenting From a Distance
COMMUNICATING WITHIN THE FAMILY:
- Communicating Effectively with Children at All Stages
- Expressing and Communicating Feelings and Emotions
- Identifying Family Communication Patterns
- Communicating with Children about Sexuality
- Dealing with Anger in the Family
- Helping Children Learn to Manage and Resolve Conflict Peacefully
BUILDING SELF ESTEEM:
- Building and Nurturing Self Esteem in Children
- Knowing and Valuing the Child as an Individual
- Building and Nurturing Self Esteem in Parents
- Encouraging Children’s Growth in Social Skills
- Helping Children Learn to Make Healthy Choices
- Teaching Children Kindness and Respect for Other Children
- Helping Children Learn to Handle Competition
- Understanding the Powerful Influences of Gangs on Children
- Understanding the Complexities of Bullying and Social Cruelty
UNDERSTANDING PARENTING AND POWER:
- Establishing Authority as a Parent
- Choosing Effective Discipline Techniques
- Giving Children Responsibility for Themselves
- Dealing with Sibling Rivalry
- Encouraging Motivation in Children
- Developing Teamwork in a Child’s Educational Experience
- Resolving Homework Issues
- Understanding How Parenting Patterns in the Early Years Set a Course for the Future
- Building a Powerful Parenting Role to Prevent Youth Substance Abuse
- Recognizing and Responding to Child Behaviors Outside the Norm
- Raising Children of Character
- Creating Family Memories: Traditions, Rituals and Routines
ACCEPTING AND GROWING THROUGH NATURAL TRANSITIONS IN THE LIFE CYCLE:
- Understanding Developmental Stages in Children
- Moving through the Stages of Parenting
- Dealing with Stress in the Family
- Helping Children Handle Peer Pressure
- Easing Transitions into Adolescence
- Strengthening the Father/Child Relationship
ACCEPTING AND GROWING THROUGH UNEXPECTED TRANSITIONS IN THE LIFE CYCLE:
- Coping with Mobility and Relocation
- Helping Children Cope with Change and Loss
- Growing through Single Parenting
- Growing through Step-parenting
- Understanding the Complexities of Teenagers as Parents
- Balancing Parenting and a Career
- Building Resiliency in Children
- When Pop Culture Collides with Family Values